Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Keyboard Skills and Rock & Roll

OK, I own one of these, and now I'm thinking I've got a lot of work to do. I started out watching this video, fully expecting to make fun of this guy, but boy was I mistaken. However, if you're planning to pick one of these little wonders up for anything other than Windows XP, you might be in for a disappointment. As much as I enjoyed using this keyboard, it was a real let-down to find out that the MIDI functionality was seriously hampered in Windows Vista and beyond. Worse still the keyboard is completely inoperative in Mac OS X (not just the MIDI controller, but the qwerty keys, as well), due to a non-existent driver and an unsupported firmware.



So, have a blast Windows XP people, and enjoy it while the ancient Microsoft OS is still supported. My only suggestion: don't try playing the bass drum on the "turd beat" and avoid the "crass cymbal" in front of sensitive guests ... "Thees es roke ann roll!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! I have these for my computers at home and school. Works great with PrintMusic! Of course, I always avoid the "turd" beat. I was looking for the NCC blog and ran onto this gem. Could you resend the other to my gmail address, please?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments!!!