Friday, August 20, 2010

Christians in Europe Know How to Celebrate

Well, I've watched these two videos several times, and I can honestly say that I can't get through them without tears in my eyes. This is what celebrating Jesus should look like. This is what the Church of Jesus Christ all across the globe should look like every Sunday. What will it take for America to join in on this kind of celebration? What will it take for us to stop justifying our personal "worship preferences" (whatever that means, as it is not a Biblical ideal), and defending what we think we "need" in order to worship and just start worshiping...despite any music style, service environment or service element that we choose to use in a Sunday gathering? I wish I had a simple answer, but I know what we need to be and what we are as a church in the U.S. stand in stark contrast to one another in light of this celebration of believers in Budapest.

Any suggestions, Church?


Here's a "REMIX" that I like, as well:



What would it take for us to get inspired enough to start making a change from a selfish, "Me-Church" culture to a group of believers who can't wait to share their faith in numerous ways to a lost and dying world?

comments appreciated,
-jeff

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments!!!